Sunday, August 14, 2011

Support

I'd also like to mention the amazing amount of support we've received. I never planned to tell people we were TTC, but it just comes out naturally. I'm not bothered when people ask how it's going at ALL, maybe because it's so new. Rather, I think that it's amazing.

My city is very open, we have one of the biggest pride parades in North America (500,000+ people every year show up just to watch). No one seems to care. There is still violence aimed at queer people, but it's not awful (Gender deviation still attracks a bulk of violence, which is sucky and shitty). My queer ancestors fought to give us rights to be, our generation's push is to do all the "normal" things while pushing boundaries, our children's generation will be forcing global acceptance (it's happening now, but I think they will fully push it through, and acceptance is not tolerance!!!).

So, to all my fellow queer mamas who came before me, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment